Urban Traffic Design
Designing Safe and Efficient Roadways
WML’s designs aim to encourage safe, more responsible driving and reduce traffic congestion. All our designs are completed in accordance with Main Roads Western Australia’s (MRWA) standards and where MRWA has no standard for a component of the design, the design shall be completed in accordance with Austroads Guidelines.
WML provides the following urban traffic designs:
- Design of signalised and unsignalised intersections
- Channelisation treatments for urban and rural situations
- Traffic calming and streetscaping designs including speed humps, speed cushions, separation curbs, slow points/shicanes, raised pavement marking, onstreet parking, drainage infrastructure adjustments, colour asphalt and tactile surfacing.
- Pedestrian crossing design
- Traffic studies
- Impact statements including Black Spot funding submissions
Permitting and Approvals
Our long-term working relationships with Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) and local governments throughout the state enabling us to navigate any necessary permitting processes smoothly and efficiently.
Construction Management and Supervision
We provide thorough guidance from design and construction through commissioning and close-out. Our team maintains a keen awareness of time and budget. We emphasise timely decisions, clear communication and adherence