BANKSIA ROAD AND LEACHATE POND DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
Year: Completed 2018
Design of the new Cell 12 including bulk earthworks, composite liner (GCL/CHDPE), leachate drainage, stormwater drainage, cell access and access road.
Provision of Technical Specification for liner installation and all other elements as well as Bill of Quantities, Contract documentation and design drawings.
WML was engaged to design the earthworks, lining system and leachate extraction system for the next waste storage cell at the Banksia Road waste facility in Dardanup WA, Cell 12, as well as the next leachate storage pond, pond no.3.
All work to conform to the VIC BPEM requirements. Overall supervision and documentation for new solid waste cell at Banksia Road, Dardanup facility.
WML Consultants prepared detailed reports including
- Bulk earthworks design
Leachate and stormwater drainage design
- Airspace volume calculations
- Construction specification for earthworks and liner
- Schedule of quantities
- Tender process management including tender documentation, call for tenders and tender adjudication
- Contract superintendence and provision of the CQA completion report for DER approval was also provided
- Provided works inspector for daily inspections and documentation of conformance to specifications